A FEW TIPS ON HOW TO REDUCE EXPOSURE AND STAY HEALTHY DURING COVID 19
The most important action you can take is to practise good hand hygiene.
To reduce your exposure and chances of getting COVID 19 :
- Wash your hand often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitiser with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw used tissues in the bin and clean your hands with soap and water or sanitiser. If you do not have a tissue, sneeze or cough into a flexed elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces each day.
- STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK and do not expose others. If you are unwell with flu-like symptoms, do not go outside your home, do not go to work.
- Get a flu shot when it is available.
- Do not shake hands, hug or kiss when greeting someone.
- KEEP A DISTANCE of 1.5 metres between yourself and other people.
- Avoid visiting vulnerable people, such as those in aged care facilities or hospitals, infants or people with compromised immune systems.
- Visit shops sparingly, buy food online if possible and consider home delivery.
- Use debit/credit cards instead of cash where possible and make use of online and self serve transactions.
- WEAR A MASK!
MANDATORY IN CLASS SAFETY REQUIREMENTS (as directed by NSW Public Health)
The following mandatory safety requirements will now apply until further notice.
- There will be one ENTRY ONLY door and one EXIT ONLY door in place. Signs will be displayed prominently for students and visitors.
- Parents and carers are asked to maintain physical distancing while waiting to collect their children.
- A hand sanitizing station will be placed at the entrance to the class for all members and visitors to use.
- Social distancing is mandatory and students will train 1.5m apart from other students at all times.
- DO NOT COME TO CLASS if you are unwell. Students are asked to stay at home so as not to infect others, or, they will be asked to return home if they do attend class. Symptoms include : a high temperature, runny nose, dry cough, sneezing, conjunctivitis or irritated eyes.
- Partner training can occur, however, at this time a training partner must remain with the same person for the duration of the class (no changing of partners).
- No training equipment will be used at this time, (ie pads, noodles etc).
- Students are encouraged to handle only their own water bottles or bags whilst in class.
- Students will not be required to shout during class training at this time.
- Spectators are not allowed to remain in class.
- Parents droping their children off to class are not permitted to stay, if they do need to stay they will be asked to wait outside.
- Where possible it is asked that all training fees be paid online. Contactless payments are encouraged.
- Your Instructors will ensure that cleaning and sanitizing of the hall will occur before and after class.
- Only one student will be permitted to use the bathrooms at a time. The only exception will be for young students who require parental assistance.
- Students are encouraged to come to training in their uniforms where possible.
- Instructors will use record the names and contact details for all students and visitors to each class for a period of 28 days.